I writing this post just wanted to confirm that the Autel AutoLink AL619 will read all OBD2 and ABS codes on the Land Rover Discovery 1998-2004.
I ordered mine from obdii365.com for about $109
In order to get mine Autel AL619 to work properly I had to download the latest updates from http://www.auteltech.com. Then I was able to scan and clear the ABS codes.
Personally speaking, this is a great tool if you are looking for an OBD2 scanner and not having to purchase an additional ABS scanner. I have been using the ABS Amigo and it works very well. I just love the fact that I can now have a single unit.
Here are some directions I wrote on how to update it:
First you have to update the Autel AL619 scanner. You will need a MicroSD card reader.
- Hook up scanner to any car – turn ignition on.
- Go to ‘Setup’ button on scanner.
- Go to ‘About’ button on scanner.
- Write down your Serial Number & Password.
- Register your product HERE and download the scanner update program HERE. You will need to choose ‘MaxiCheck Airbag/ABS’ option when registering, then enter your serial number and password you found on the scanner.
- Install scanner update program. Enter your Autel.us username and password you created when registering the product (not the same as the serial number and scanner password)
- Remove the black MicroSD card from the right hand of the scanner and plug into your computer via a MicroSD card reader. Most phones use a MicroSD card and they will usually come with a MicroSD adapter that goes into your card reader on your computer.
- Update your scanner. I choose to update all the different manufacturers – 36 updates in all. You WILL need to stay connected to the internet for this.
- When finished, it will tell you that all selected manufacturers have been installed. Remove MicroSD card from computer and adapter and reinstall in scanner.
- Plug back into your OBDII port on your Discovery and it will turn on. Go to ABS/SRS –> European –> Land Rover –> Discovery –> 1998-2004 –> ABS –> Read Codes. Then it will show you your codes and you can also choose to clear them too.
And some pictures: